Anastasia’s Story; Gasoline, Grads & Bonfires Do Not Mix

Videos
Erik Vogel has seen far too many young burn survivors over his 31 years as a professional firefighter and burn camp counselor. In this PSA Anastasia Chapman tells of how her friends were enjoying a graduation bonfire when a small amount of gasoline was tossed onto the small campfire some gas covered Anastasia and then ignited her. Quick actions prevented worse injuries but the pain and surgeries lasted years. Tragically, the scars are forever.

Tracy Last avatar
I've been an entrepreneur my whole adult life, starting out providing educational materials for prevention programs. Now, I am a Social Entrepreneur, Founder and Chief Inspiration Officer at Fire-ED Interactive Community For Eliminating Preventable Fires. Having worked closely with many fire and life safety educators in my 25 year career I became peculiar passionate of the role they play as teachers of prevention education. This education, while critical, is not being taught in schools or most homes. With fire dept budgets cuts it's always public education first to go. This poses a risk to public safety therefore it is important to step up as a community to improve and continue these programs.

1 Comment

  1. What a story please read and understand…

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>